What to expect along the way?
The process of turning an idea into a product is a winding road filled with change and unexpected turns. Prepare to be wrong a lot of the time!
- Your best ideas and assumptions will be challenged: Change and adapt accordingly.
- Anticipate problems and have contingency plans.
- Distractions are inevitable: Stick to the plan unless the opportunity is too good to pass up
- Recognize new business opportunities and pivot, or extend the product to meet them.
- Expect rebuilds. It’s impossible to get it right the first time (or even the 2nd)
- You will never have enough money: Have a plan to finance the work necessary to grow.
- Count on being wrong as often as you are right: Fail Fast
- Focus on the problem to be solved: value to the user
- Build to scale as much as possible, within budget